RAKSHA ROOFING LOAN IN VEDARANYAM: A CASE STUDY
LaRaksha is a type of Non-Banking Finance service that is provided to low-income or unemployed individuals who do not have access to typical banking services. Ultimately, the goal of the field is to give these individuals the opportunity to become self-sufficient and sustainably lift themselves out of poverty. Microfinance is a general term used to encompass a vast variety of financial services to serve the poor.
ACCESS TO ROOFING LOAN BY THE RURAL POOR IN NAGAPATTINAM & CUDALORE DISTRICT.
Housing is considered as a key determinant of quality of life that can be measured at Individual, household and community levels It should be noted that poor rural housing conditions to improve their housing quality goes with improvement of their house roofing with Clay tile roofing, Metal roofing as well Cement sheet roofing, this will improve their standard of living with comfortable housing.
BUILD ROOFING TOGETHER
Our LaRaksha Main objective to provide quality roofing solutions for roofing loan customers to withstand adequate wind-resistant roofing is essential to secure shelter and reduce economic losses. The objective is to analyze the existing roof and developing and establishing a comprehensive, safe and economical design concept so that those under poverty can build strong roofs to resist high winds, heat, noise and rain.
With the help of Business Associate and our Field staff are in the field in Vedaranyam and surrounding places to find roofing requirement of rural low income families, after finding roofing required customers, our Credit & Technical team visit their house and discuss with the customers about roofing requirement based on customer interest for new roofing.
LaRaksha Technical team give appropriate training to the roofing loan customer as well as skilled mason for quality roofing with sustain the heavy winds as well as rust free and long life roofing.
Mrs. Sumathi Nagaraj, B M Puram, Vedaranyam working as agriculture labor and Mr. Nagaraj working in Salt manufacturing unit Mrs. Sumathi Nagaraj house roof damaged due to Gaja Cyclone, based on our credit and Technical team visit we found the walls are in good condition but Thatch roof got damaged, customer interested too build Metal roofing for their house. LaRaksha sanctioned Metal roofing Loan to the customer,
- Metal roofing work completed by Mrs. Sumathi Nagaraj followed our LaRaksha technical team guidelines while installing the Metal roofing.
- Purchased Quality Zinc Aluminum coated Metal roofing sheet with .47mm thickness.
- The material should pass Salt spray test
- Truss strongly connected with wall and steel TMT rods with frequent intervals
- Pre fabricated metal items got painted before Installation
- Customer followed length of the free overhang should not exceed 450 mm.
- To withstand wind power, fastener 5 inch from sheet ends
- Self-tapping crews used with close intervals.
In Vedaranyam and surround villages most of the house holds are give preference for tile roofs because they perform better under harsh conditions, tile roof resist damage caused by hurricanes, and other weather extremes better than most other options. Roof tile is also fireproof, and carries a class-A rating.
We found most of the roofing required house hold interested to go for tile roofing, in initial stage we found tile roofing cost expensive, after LaRaksha team has discussed with few Tile roofing layers and negotiated to bring the tile roofing cost competitive with other roofing products like Metal roofing and Cement sheet roofing.
This competitive price attract the roofing loan customers to choose tile roofing for their house.
Mrs. Pakkiriammal Periasamy, Vedaranyam.resident work as Agriculture labor and Mr. Periasamy construction labour, House roof got damaged due to cyclone, based on our credit and Technical team visit the house we found the walls are in good condition but Thatch roof got damaged, Mrs. Pakkiriammal Periasamy, want to build tile roofing for their house. LaRaksha sanctioned Tile roofing Loan.
- Tile roofing work completed by Mrs. Pakkiriammal Periasamy followed our LaRaksha technical team guidelines while installing the tile roofing.
- Wood truss connect with Wall with the help of metal straps will give additional strength to the tile roof from heavy winds.
- Cement mortar straps above the tile roofing with 5ft intervals’ it will protect from heavy wind forces.
- Ridge and corners has to apply cement mortar for additional strength.
- All the above technical details will give more life and with standing for heavy winds and rain.
CORRUGATED CEMENT SHEET ROOFING
Cement roofing it has been widely used in the construction industry, such as for residential, and commercial spaces. Its widespread usage also comes from the fact that Cement sheet roofing is not only inexpensive but is very easy to clean and maintain. It does not burn easily. The fire-resistant property comes naturally to cement sheet roofing. It makes for an ideal solution for roofing, and thermal insulations. It is also resistant to electricity, Cement sheet roofing increases the lifespan of the product.
Mrs. Amutha Arranganathan, Panchanathikulam resident work as Agriculture labor and Mr. Arranganathan work as Driver, House roof got damaged due to cyclone, based on our credit and Technical team visit the house we found the walls are in good condition but Thatch roof got damaged, Mrs. Amutha Arranganathan want to build Cement sheet roofing for their house. LaRaksha sanctioned for Cement sheet roofing Loan.
LaRaksha Recommended work practices During Cement roofing during Installation:
- Keep the dust level down, cutting and drilling operations must be carried out in the open, or well ventilated areas.
- Any waste created during working operations should be collected, after damping, in impervious bags and buried underground.
- Smooth surface of the sheet should be facing upward.
- No of Fasteners per m2 is crest fixing
- Drill holes in the sheets that are at least 3 mm larger than fixing bolts..
- Use U or J bolt for better life and wind withstanding.
- Bolts are to be fixed only on the crown of the corrugation.
- To withstand wind power, fastener 5 inch from sheet ends
- Tighten the nuts evenly, allowing the EDPM washer to merely seal the space between the holes and the bolts.
- The length of the free overhang should not exceed 450 mm.